1) Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets.
2) Blend the almond paste, sugar, and salt until the mixture becomes uniformly crumbly; this is best done in a stand mixer.
3) Add the egg whites gradually, while mixing, to make a smooth paste.
4) Stir in the flavorings.
5) Scoop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared pans.
6) Sprinkle the cookies heavily with confectioners’ sugar, then use three fingers to press an indentation into the center of each cookie.
7) Bake the cookies for 20 to 25 minutes, until they’re brown around the edges. Remove them from the oven, and let them cool right on the pan.
Yield: 21 cookies.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.