* 2 c. oatmeal
* 1/2 c. peanuts
* 1/2 c. wheat germ
* 1/4 c. honey
* 1/4 c. vegetable oil
* 1 tsp. vanilla extract
* 1/2 c. raisins
* 1/2 c. carob chips
* oven (You’ll need help from your adult assistant.)
* large bowl
* small bowl
* mixing spoon
* baking sheet, oiled
* measuring cups and spoons
Procedures : 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius).
2. In a large bowl, use a spoon to mix the oatmeal, peanuts, and wheat germ.
3. In a small bowl, mix the honey, oil, and vanilla.
4. Work the honey, oil, and vanilla mixture into the first mixture that’s in the large bowl. Use your hands to make sure it’s all mushed together really well, or you can use a mixing spoon if you like.
5. Spread the mix onto the oiled baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the baking sheet from the oven.
6. Use a mixing spoon to stir the mix around a little on the baking sheet, then add the raisins and carob chips.
7. Put the baking sheet back in the oven, and bake for another 10 minutes.
8. Remove granola from oven and allow it to cool