1. Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment, or non-stick foil.
2. Stir together the sticky bun sugar, almonds, and orange peel.
3. Using a tablespoon measure, make 1-tablespoon mounds of the mixture on the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2″ apart; they’ll spread a lot.
4. Bake the Florentines for about 10 minutes, until the almonds are golden brown. Reverse the pans in the oven midway through the baking time, so they brown evenly.
5. Remove the Florentines from the oven, and allow them to cool completely on the pan.
6. When the Florentines are completely cool, melt the chocolate, either in a microwave, or over very low heat. Stir until it’s completely smooth.
7. Brush the melted chocolate onto the flat (bottom) of each cookie, placing them, chocolate side up, on a rack to set.
8. Store cool and dry for up to several weeks.
Yield: about 30 Florentines.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.