* 1 tbsp. yeast
* 1/2 c. warm water
* 1 tsp. honey
* 1 1/3 c. flour
* 1 tsp. salt
* oven (You’ll need help from your adult assistant.)
* small bowl
* mixing spoon
* medium-size bowl
* cutting board, sprinkled with flour
* baking sheet, sprayed with nonstick spray
* measuring cups and spoons
Procedures : 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius).
2. Put the yeast in a small bowl with the water and honey. Stir a little, then let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
3. Mix the flour and salt together in a medium-size bowl.
4. After the 5 minutes is up, check on the yeast mixture. It should be bigger than before and a little bubbly. Add this mixture to the flour and salt mixture.
5. Stir everything together. Use a spoon to start. Finish with your hands. The dough is ready when it’s still a little crumbly and flaky.
6. Put the dough on the cutting board and knead it like you are playing with clay. Knead it into one big ball.
7. Break off a piece of dough that’s about the size of a big gumball or superball. Use your hands to roll it into a skinny snake.
8. Twist the snake into a medium-size pretzel shape, and put it on the cookie sheet. Do this with all the dough, making 12 pretzels.
9. Bake your pretzels for 10 minutes. Let them cool and take a bite